Yet I do love android and chrome, too. Let's face it, xmarks for chrome is waay better than xmarks for android. And what happens if you accidentally enable syncing your bookmarks with chrome, while using xmarks? well, it all multiplies. In hundreds.
Here's a little trick you can do to propagate your xmarks to google chrome. It's pretty straight forward, but it requires a little bit of tweaking. That said, you can do that even if you're a total noob. Ready?
- Disable syncing your bookmarks with XMarks: click on the xmarks icon, open settings and select Sign Out,
- Navigate to your bookmarks management site,
- From the Tools menu select Export Bookmarks to HTML,
- Open text editor - any one will do - and replace all occurences of ":" with a colon (":"); save modified file,
- Open Chrome Settings (navigate to chrome://settings) and in Advanced Sync Options enable Bookmarks
- Close settings, open Chrome Bookmark Manager (navigate to chrome://bookmarks),
- From Organize menu select Import bookmarks from HTML,
- Select the file.
That will push your bookmarks to google and later synchronize with your android device.
Remember to turn off chrome bookmark sync before signing back into xmarks!